Image Map

Saturday, June 9, 2012

New Pencil Pails!!! Label Freebie!

let me show you my little treasure I found!
I went to FOUR {FOUR!!!} different Targets looking for this baby! :)
Now, it will accompany its sister that I bought yesterday:
See the little red bucket on the left???
This is my plan for them:
Thanks to the awesome idea from 2nd Grade Pad... I'm going to use these for my sharp and dull pencils!
This is what I did last year:

Sooo, I love these labels from Peace, Love, and Learning and the adorable pencil buckets that I had gotten from Wal-Mart but my kiddos didn't really see the difference and had to constantly check each pencil... blah! So I decided to make similar labels that go with my theme {brights} a little better and put them on the red and green buckets! Green = good to go pencils and red = not so ready! :)
Here are mine!
Love, love, love!
If you are interested in the labels click {HERE} or on the image below!
Off I go to buy a birthday present! :)
Have a fabulous Saturday!

17 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Michelle's fonts are so cute too! Why didn't you buy a birthday present at one of the 4 targets you went to?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadar!! HAHAHA
      That is exactly what my husband said when he came home from work!
      and this is what I told him... "I bought the gift bag... does that count for something!?"

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! I used something similar last year, but like you... my students put pencils in whichever bucket they wanted. I definitely want to find a way to make it more effective this year. The labels are very cute!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your buckets turned out perfectly!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would we do without Target????
    Thanks for sharing!

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the awesome freebie! I bought the red and green buckets with intentions of doing this. I had orange and bright green last year, which worked ok for me. I will change the labels and use those colors for something else. Thanks again!!

    Jessica
    My Different Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!!!!! I love organizing over the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I used baskets last year and had the same problem - students not knowing which basket was which even though they were labeled! I love the idea of using different colored pails! I will have to pcik some up too!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those Target pails!! I pick them up everytime they have a new design lol!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cute!
    Did you make a clip chart with money on it?
    Misssquirrels@yahoo.com
    I think it was yours ( love it too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my clip chart has money on it!
      It's a school wide thing and whatever color they end up on is how much money they earned from me that day. They also earn money in specials and during lunch!

      Delete
  10. So so cute!! You have to love the Target Dollar Spot!! Thanks for the labels! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of using red and green as a visual clue! Last year I just used 2 large blue plastic tumblers from Dollar General. Thanks for the labels! I am printing as we speak!
    :) Dana
    www.funin1stgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHA..I have done this Target $1 bin hopping more than once. I just did it last week, I went to 3 Targets looking for a specific color paper lantern only to come up empty handed. I still love that section though :)

    ❤- Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete