Image Map

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Team Teaching Tuesday!

I was super excited when my sweet friend, Stephanie from Falling into First, introduced her weekly linky party today! I knew that I had to link up.
Falling into First
This week's topic is:
Every classroom has rules. My first year of teaching, we made them up as a class... the usual "Golden Rule".
My second year of teaching, I was SUPER into Whole Brain Teaching:
1. Follow Directions Quickly
2. Raise Your Hand for Permission to Speak
3. Raise Your Hand for Permission to Leave Your Seat
4. Make Smart Choices
5. Keep Your Dear Teacher Happy
****Disclaimer!!! This is NOT me!!!! I just YouTubed a video!
Well, those five rules were GREAT! My favorite is number 5 :)
This year, I have a FABULOUS class... it's scary sometimes how good and smart they are. I introduced the five WBT rules in the beginning of the year and I occasionally use them (not as much as I did last year!).
I still have them up on my wall though!
If you haven't checked out WBT do it RIGHT NOW! It's amazing! 
Like I said, I haven't used it that much this year but they have strategies that I use daily (Teach-OK!)
What are your class rules???? LINK UP with Stephanie! CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW!

4 comments:

  1. Whole Brain Teaching is AMAZING! I have very similar WBT rules posted and our Celebrity of the week leads the class every day teaching rules! It has strengthened so many facets of the classroom learning environment! Thanks for sharing a great post!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear by Whole Brain Teaching "Class Yes." And that lady in the videos is one of my teaching idols - she seriously blows me away! Thank you so much for linking up friend and sharing your classroom rules!!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be like her! I need to watch more of her videos. :) Thanks for posting.
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the same rules! Well with one extra- listen to your teacher. I love the hand signals and how they are so easy to use! I'm going to work on using more of the WBT style in the next year. Thanks for sharing!
    Shibahn

    ReplyDelete